Therapeutic Massage is both an art and a science. Massage promotes healing and well-being by using the natural healing process of the body. Skilled therapists use a variety of hand-on techniques such as stroking, kneading, friction, percussion, and compression in order to manipulate the muscles and soft tissues of the body.
Who Gets Massage - All across the country, people from all walks of life are discovering the benefits of therapeutic massage, from infants to the elderly, including pregnant women, executives, athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and computer technicians. It is appropriate for those who want to accelerate their recovery after an injury as well as those who wish to relax. Massage enhances optimal wellness.
Benefits of Massage
- Relives muscle tension & relaxes muscle spasms
- Increases blood supply & nutrients to muscles
- Helps eliminate waste matter from muscles
- Increases flexibility & strengthens joints
- Improves blood circulation & relives congestion
- Improves the movement of lymph through the body
- Strengthening the immune system and eliminating toxins
- Helps in the rehabilitation of injuries
- Reduces recovery time due to injuries
- Relief from, for example, headaches, backaches, TMJ
- Enhancement of chiropractic care by allowing relaxed and toned muscles to maintain spinal structure in better alignment